- All issues that are identified by GuardRails are considered security issues. The term security issue is synonymous with vulnerability, finding, security bug.
- A false positive is when a security issue was wrongly identified. We aim for zero false positives in GuardRails results.
- A pull request (PR) is a term from GitHub. Read more about it here.
- A secret is any of the following: API keys, cryptographic keys (e.g private keys), or passwords.
- A Regular Expression is a sequence of characters that define a search pattern.